Ken Surplice
2020-05-26T19:05:23Z
Hi Folks. Has anyone experience of working on the front hatch of the 275 or know what brand they are? One of the two locking plastic struts has broken 15mm from the knuckle hinge that is screwed into the hatch window. The inner metal circular rod is fine. I am looking to replace the 210mm plastic sleeve. At the fat end of the sleeve there is the short metal level that locks the sleeve onto the metal rod within. I've searched many an image online but can't see what I am looking for. Thanks for your assistance, Ken
Ken
Turnstone
2020-05-27T04:15:05Z
We are in exactly the same position. Unfortunately, until last week, everything has been on hold. The closest we managed so far, was a chandler who went through catalogues with us in Ramsgate. He thought it was similar to Lewmar and sighed taking photos and açcurate measurements of the hatch, then contacting them directly. Haven't managed yet, as my bodges splint Is holding! Do let us know if you have any success. Will do the same.
Anne & Dennis Kell Arenaria 325/21
GeoffTurner
2020-05-27T14:25:39Z
If it helps, the Parker 21 hatches were Houdini , who are still going strong (I replaced my hatch seal a couple of months ago)
Ken Surplice
2020-05-27T14:26:50Z
I mentioned my quest to our Commodore. He advises that the manufacturers were Moonlight. Houdini Marine is the local agent. Looking at the Moonlight brochure, their Lowline model seems to have the very struts I am looking for. Meanwhile, Geoff, thank you Geoff, has just advised the same. I am about to call Houdini. Back in a moment.
Ken
Ken Surplice
2020-05-27T14:41:42Z
Success. The gentleman who answered the phone at Houdini was great. He knew everything and knows about the Parker 275. Key points:
Call Houdini on 01621 773590 and place your order over the phone.

The strut is sold as one complete piece. Ordering the plastic sleeve alone is not possible.
The strut model number, quantity one, is XO55054. Cost is £30.78 plus postage.

Just for reference, the hatch model is Lowline 555050M50. To encourage you to avoid falling on your hatch in future, remind yourself that a whole new hatch costs £441.
Ken
Turnstone
2020-05-31T07:34:27Z
Ken, that is really useful information. You clearly have the right contacts - especially the Commodore! Thank you. We shall get on to it this week.
Anne & Dennis Kell Arenaria 325/21