Drew Miller
2019-09-13T09:35:21Z
Hi all

I have just bought a Seall 22. It has had all the running rigging replaced by the previous owner, which is great, but.... I can't find a Seal 22 rigging plan to identify the quite numerous lines. I foolishly/arrogantly failed to get a thorough handover form the previous owner thinking I would easily understand it by trial and error!

Would greatly appreciate anyone who perhaps may know where to find a Seal 22 rigging plan? All the obvious lines - Main Jib Lazy lines for main are clear.

Many thanks

Drew Miller

Chef
2019-09-13T15:11:41Z
Hi Drew,

Fellow Seal newbie here.

Not sure what lines you have, mine was pretty simple. I've not seen a rigging plan around anywhere. Had to rig mine by good old T and E.

I'll preface this by say I in no way vouch for mine being correct in any way shape or form! I too had no hand over, and just had to put the bits in the obvious places (well, obvious to me at least!).

Jib and Main halyards come down inside the mast and extend to the cleats above the main saloon.

Any reefing lines for the main should be in the same area.

Boom vang, from bottom of the boom to the bottom of the mast and then onto a cleat (from memory)

Topping lift from the back of the boom, up to the top of the mast and then back down the mast to a cleat at the bottom.

Lazy jacks

Jib Sheets, obviously from the foot of the Jib down to the rollers near the rubbing strakes towards the back of the saloon and then up to the winches. (I've stowed my excess in the side lockers).

If you've any furling gear on the jib, a line from that down to the cockpit.

Main Sheet from the back of the boom to the traveller just aft of the companionway.

The traveller will probably have a line on either end.

Lifting rudder has one which goes from the rudder blade itself, up over the back of the tiller and into a cleat on the tiller (via a pulley).

Spinnaker has a halyard on the mast... But I'm not going near that for a while! There be Dragons!

I had a couple of auxiliary signal flag/pennant lines from the spreaders down to the mast.

That's about it from memory.

I'm probably going down to her over the weekend if you need any pictures.

Cheers

Rob.

philip linsell
2019-09-16T15:14:50Z
Hi Drew and welcome

Where are you based, I'm sure we will have a member who could help with a site visit?

The rigging may have evolved i know mine did!

Philip

Had a 22 a long time ago