Martin Watson
2019-03-26T10:05:01Z
Hi All, time to start thinking about the first rally of the season, in only four weeks time and it's going to be a biggie

day1. Good Friday - HW 12:00 - Wootton Creek - Drinks on the quay at 18:00 - meal in the RVYC, their usual fare

day2. Easter Saturday - HW 12:44 - sail in company to Itchenor Reach Chichester Harbour Visitors Pontoon (bring your dinghy)
drinks and nibbles at 18:00 then ashore to Itchenor SC for evening meal £19.95 two course buttery service (please let me know if
you have any dietary requirements)

day3 Easter Sunday - Hw 13:31 - sail in company to Newtown Creek - BBQ on the beach starting at 1800 I intend for us too use the
area adjacent to the old landing stage.

day4. Easter Monday - HW 13:59 - If time permits, a gentle stroll up to Shalfleet before departing to our various home ports.

Please sign up here AND email me martinkwatson@yahoo.co.uk

Martin Watson
Martin Watson
2019-04-09T06:33:32Z
Hi all

The uptake for the Easter Rally is very disappointing so far with only one boat signed up and three expressions of interest, so come on, show the Parker Seal spirit and sign up for the rally. I have already partaken of two Rallies this year with the DQSC. The Parker Seals are normally way ahead of them but this year it appears to be the other way round. I know it's April but we don't let a little 'April shower' spoil our fun do we?

Cheers

Martin
Martin Watson
Martin Watson
2019-04-16T09:30:25Z
We are now up to 12 boats with crews from 13 boats (Grahame Ebb is coming to Itchenor by road) and a total of 23 seal members which is a gratifying number, the boats are: Ariana, Zephyr, Vol au Vent, Delphine, Sophia, Lesa, Juno, Speedwell, Spartacus, Abacus, Nondikas and of course Frith. 6 boats are variously not able to do the whole weekend so we have 10 boats (23) heads) for Wootton, 8 boats (18 heads) for Itchenor and 8 boats (13 heads) for Newtown Creek. The reason the numbers don't add up to 12 is because different boats are joining and leaving out different venues, only 5 of the boats doing the whole rally. It's a logistical nightmare and I've had create a flow chart to figure out who will be coming to where!

So now to the fun bit, the weather Gods appear to be being kind to us, I have not sent out a weather update earlier because I didn't want to jinx it but it is looking good for the whole four days. Friday will be the strongest winds with F4~5s which is still a nice sailing breeze but therein after it is forecast to slowly decrease, ending up at F2~3. The direction is mainly Easterly or North Easterly but one forecast has even mentioned a bit of South and South westerly on Monday which would be great for getting back East, in any event it is a pretty solid warm sunny period with temperatures in the late teens.

I will be listening out on Ch 72, if I am am a bit slow in answering it is because my new autopilot system which I installed over the winter, is not complete, having had to send the ACU back to Raymarine under warranty. I am hoping and have been promised that the replacement will be back to me by Thursday, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I expect o be over at Wootton by lunchtime, the tides being favourable anytime after 1000hrs. HW is at 1200hrs. For Saturdays sail to Itchenor, I expect to leave Wooton as soon as we can get off, ideally 0900 which will give us a favourable tide to Chichester Harbour entrance and then the last of the flood will continue to help us up to Itchenor where we will be rafting up on the Harbour masters visitors pontoon. HW is at 1244hrs
On Sunday we want o leave between 1230 to 1330 to get the favourable tide to Newtown Creek. Hw is at 1331hrs
On Monday, for those of us coming back East, we will need to leave by 1000hrs, unless you want to stay another day in Newtown Creek which I am considering.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the water for the first rally of the season ( I've already been on two this year!)

Martin Watson
Martin Watson
2019-04-17T19:36:16Z
BOOKINGS FOR THIS RALLY WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT (WEDNESDAY)
Martin Watson