Bkufluk
2018-12-28T18:29:42Z
Hello,

I’ve recently got a Parker 285, which is a lovely boat and quite different from the 50 year old clinker boat we sailed before!
When I winch up the keel (using the electric winch) I’ve noticed that I have to watch the top really carefully otherwise the keel starts trying to break through the cover over the plate case. Is that normal or is there supposed to be a automatic stop when the keel is up?

Thanks
Bernard
Martin Watson
2018-12-28T23:02:22Z
If it doesn't it should have. When I designed my hydraulic keel lift system on my Parker 27, I used one of these as a stop switch, available on Ebay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i...AAOSwux5YT26x:rk:15:pf:0 
Martin Watson
peter lowry
2018-12-29T10:07:02Z
Hello Bernard

Welcome and great to hear you are enjoying the best class of boats in the world !

My 275 Sophia also has an electric winch and like yours does not have an automatic stop, i like the idea of fitting one too ,

We currently use the original bungee cord up the mast with an indicator on it, i slightly modified mine by bring a light line back to the cockpit with knots showing fully lowered, 1/4 up, 1/2 up, 3/4 up and fully up( just below the deckline) keeping the line taught , stops the winch over lifting

Martin and myself are at the same club and next time i see him ,i will have a look at his automatic stop and perhaps we can come up with an solution for the 275 which i am sure will generate some interest.

cheers
for now

Peter Lowry
Vice Commodore

Bkufluk
2019-02-15T04:23:30Z
How did you get on ?
Did you come up with any good ideas for this ?

Thanks
Bernard
DickG
2019-07-20T05:02:58Z
I fitted one on the electro-hydraulic system I made for my 275, but it was much easier to find a switch suitable for mounting inside. One to mount inside the keel box might be more of a challenge.
Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36