Roj151
2018-03-16T19:10:03Z
Hi,
We are relatively new to owning a Parker 21. Id like to replace some of the running rigging though. I wondered if anyone had a list of the lengths / thicknesses required? I’ll try and measure it all if not, but I’m short on time and would like to order some rope for when I’ve got time to go down to her.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Roger
David Ellis
2018-03-20T13:44:22Z
Roger,
I am sure there is a guide to this in the user manual showing lengths and suggested thicknesses. This has caught us out in the past, though, as we replaced both halyards with replacements of the recommended thickness only to find that a previous owner had used thicker ropes(easier on the hands)and fitted clam cleats to match, which did not cope with the thinner ropes under tension. Accordingly you may need to measure the actual thickness used on your boat.
If you do not have a copy of the manual let me know and I will look mine out and email you the relevant details.
David

David Ellis
Roj151
2018-03-20T19:57:44Z
Thanks David.

I think I do have a manual here somewhere actually, I’ll dig it out. Thanks for tip re thicknesses .

Roger
Jon Stockton
2018-04-01T08:51:18Z
The other issue I had was that quite a few more lines had been led to jammers over the years so it is worth checking rather then end up with something too short!

Jon