Graham Ebb
2017-07-27T16:50:31Z
Hi all,

In previous years we had almost no rallies in August because it was thought that many would be away on other holidays. However a few people have asked about doing something in August so we are giving it a try this year.

The plan is simply to meet up on Saturday 12th August at Newport Harbour at the top of the River Medina, have a welcome Pimms and nibbles on the pontoon and then head to the famous Bargemans Rest for a meal. Expect to pay about £12.00 for a main course meal. The pub usually has a live band playing on Saturday evening.

Tide information - Newport BST

HW Sat 12th August 15.23

LW 20.27

HW Sun 13th August 03.26

LW 08.44

HW 16.10

If this is your first trip to Newport Harbour, be aware it is a drying harbour with the pontoons and boats sitting on the river bed at low water. There are limited electric points. Newport town centre is about 5 minutes walk.

It is best to time your arrival on the last of the rising tide as the river can be quite shallow in places. Rafting may well be the order of the day.

I have not booked any meals as you can just walk in and find a seat. Last minute bad weather may put off many. However, if I get enough people booking I will try to arrange tables together.

Please let me know if you plan to attend by texting boat name and number of people to 07885 488639.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Best wishes

Chris and Graham

Parker 285/61 Betty Blue