GeoffTurner
2016-10-25T07:59:03Z
The laying-up lunch will be held at the Royal Air Force Yacht Club, Riverside House, Rope Walk, Hamble, Hampshire, SO31 4HD on Sunday 20th November. The bar will be open from noon, and we'll sit down to lunch at 1.0pm.

http://rafyc.org.uk/contact-us-2/  has a map at the bottom of the page (scroll down for it) and there's a public car park nearby. To reach the car park, you turn down The Quay in Hamble, and turn right following the road along the river front. The car park is then immediately on your left. To walk to the Yacht Club, you turn right out of the car park (ie returning the way you came by car) and then turn right along Rope Walk to reach the Yacht Club at the end of the road.

The menu will be two courses, as shown below:

Beef Bourguignon

(Classic slow cooked beef with onions, lardons & mushrooms in a rich red wine sauce served with horseradish mash and seasonal vegetables)

or

Red Onion & Fennel Tarte Tatin served with a Rocket & Chick Pea Salad

followed by

Winter Berry Pudding with Elderflower Cream

Gluten free versions will be available - please request this in the Notes section of the form.

I'm sorry that there's so little choice - just meat or vegetarian for the main course and none at all for the dessert - but I hope the dishes themselves will be popular. If there's demand for cheese and biscuits or fresh fruit for dessert instead of the berry pudding, I'll gladly try to negotiate this.

The cost of the meal is £18 (plus a collection after the meal for a donation to the staff for service) and the deadline for booking is Monday 14th November.

Please complete the form below, and I will email confirmation. If you don't hear from me within a day or two of booking, please email me directly on gillianesills@btinternet.com, or phone/text on 07854 761302.

I hope to see many of you on 20th.

Gilliane

Gilliane Sills
2016-10-27T20:35:21Z
The Beef Bouguignon for the menu now has a slightly different description, as follows

Boeuf Bourguignon cooked in Red Wine & served with Parsley Potatoes & Roasted Winter Root Vegetables

Gilliane

Delphine, Parker 275, no. 41
Gilliane Sills
2016-11-03T17:00:58Z
Just a reminder that the RAF Yacht Club will need final numbers for the laying up lunch a week ahead, so Monday 14th November is absolutely the deadline for confirming numbers.

I've now had confirmation that there will be an option of cheese and biscuits instead of winter berry pudding for dessert, but it will incur a surcharge of £1.50. I'm really sorry about this - and expect that it should be very good cheese! If you've already told me you're coming, please let me know if you'd like cheese and biscuits instead of winter berry pudding. For new bookings, please include a preference for cheese and biscuits in the Notes.

So far, we have 23 confirmed bookings for Sunday 20th and I look forward to hearing from more of you....

Best wishes

Gilliane

Delphine, Parker 275, no. 41