Willy Durinx
2016-08-03T20:57:23Z
Hello,
does anyone know what make the front hatch of a "31" is? The seal has gone flattish and leaks a bit. Or, where can I get a replacement? Sealsdirect doesn't list them. It is a hollow D-shape with a dart-form barb underneat (leading edge).

Cheers,
Will
Parker 31 "Alchemist"
Antwerp, Belgium
DickG
2016-08-06T11:29:46Z
I think this firm did most of the glazing for Parkers. They are very helpful:-

Houdini Marine Windows Ltd
Hallmark Industrial Estate
Southminster
Essex
CM0 7EH

Tel: +44 (0) 1621 773590
Fax:+44 (0) 1621 773852

sales@houdini-marine.co.uk
http://www.houdini-marine.co.uk/index.html 

Ask for
Charlie Stewart or Stuart Curtis

Regards
Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36
DickG
2016-08-06T11:32:56Z
The hatch is likely to be a "Moonlight" one. See that tab on Houdini's website. I think Moonlight are a Danish firm, their brochure is also available on the Houdini site.
Dick
Dark Star P275 No 36
Willy Durinx
2016-08-07T19:41:35Z
Thank you, very helpful. I'll contact them next week when we are back home. Meantime, I've put some rubber compatible (from the Volvo-type axle seal) grease on it. Indeed, the Houdini seals have the same leading-edge barb, but a P-profile. Maybe that is compatible.
Much obliged, I'll report back how it went.
Parker 31 "Alchemist"
Antwerp, Belgium
Willy Durinx
2016-11-09T13:15:08Z
Just a quick update. The hatch isn't by Houdini, I've contacted them. The Danish firm Moonlight has also said it is not one of their production. However they pointed out it looked like a Vetus hatch. And indeed, it is similar a many ways. The Dutch dealer sold me a lenght of the seal, but it is a very loose fit. So, the search goes on. Anyway, the boat is in the shed and I'll take the hatch apart, since the 'glass' has to be rebedded too...

update 10/12/2016

Further investigation went to Canpa, Gebo, Rhigo, Rafa and Atkins& Hoyle. Gebo has the right profile, but the measurements are off by too many mm. But Gebo thinks it is Lewmar. But it is not...
Anyway, I took the hatch home to rebuild it. There is no thinghy to put slightly more tension on the hinge. Needs some work on the lathe...

21/04/2017

Modified the hinges so tension can be applied with an Allen key.
Found a useable seal at Sealsdirect.co.uk (WS2273).
Rebedded the acrylic glass with Sikalastomer 710.
Rebedded the hatch using butyl tape and butyl caulk (belt and braces).
Waited for a thunderstorm.
Dry!
Parker 31 "Alchemist"
Antwerp, Belgium