Gilliane Sills
2016-08-02T19:55:06Z
I'm really sorry, but i'm going to have to pull out of organising the Lymington rally on September 3rd. My sister Corinne had a hip replacement operation towards the end of July, and I've been staying with her while she recovers. Because she lives on her own, she needs someone with her until she's able to dispense with crutches and I've only recently learnt that this will be longer than I originally thought - the hospital is saying 4 - 6 weeks. We sailed Delphine to Dartmouth before Corinne's operation, planning to go back when I could leave Corinne so that we could continue sailing, but this will now not be in time to get to Lymington by September 3rd.

I've been in touch with Lymington Harbour commissioners about booking the Dan Bran pontoon, and they've agreed that we can have eight boats. However, if we book more than five, they want a deposit of £10 per boat, and I think it's too risky to pay £80 deposit. What I did last year was to book 5 boats and then rely on there being extra space on the day. This was fine - but this year there are already two other rallies booked in on 3rd, so there may be more of a problem with extra spaces. I haven't made any arrangements about eating, but the Mayflower pub was really accommodating last year and it was good food, so it would be an obvious place to go back to.

I've provided the information above in case anyone else is able to take over this rally - but otherwise, I'm afraid it will have to be cancelled. The provisional booking will need to be confirmed or cancelled within the next ten days, so a decision needs to be made quite quickly. Please do get in touch if you could organise this.

Apologies again...

Best wishes

Gilliane

Delphine, Parker 275, no. 41
nigelwalbank
2016-08-09T08:55:39Z
Hi

Liz and I are involved with family parties all weekend but I can fill in a bit more of what is happening at Lymington that weekend.

LTSC are running racing for Contessa 26s and 32s, around 16 boats, and hosting a dinner on Saturday night. Visiting Contessas will be using Dan Bran and hence LTSCs newly refurbished shower and loo facilities. There should still be plenty of space for PSSA

The Mayflower was refurbished earlier this year and has gone up market in terms of pricing, LTSC would be happy to host PSSA if we have the same menu as the Contessas. Contact office@ltsc.co.uk

We are off to Scotland now but will help in anyway we can.

Nigel and Liz P21 Breeze

Nigel P21 Breeze
Gilliane Sills
2016-08-09T12:55:45Z
Dear Nigel

That's really helpful - thanks. I hope someone will be able to take this rally on - LTSC would be a splendid venue and it would be good to join up with the Contessa rally. If that's an annual event, perhaps we could combine next year if we don't manage to do so this year...

Best wishes

Gilliane

Delphine, Parker 275, no. 41