Jan
  • Jan
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2016-02-24T19:12:48Z
Hi All
Yes we need a catalogue of sources for all odd parts for our boats .
I have two instrument housings on the vertical tubes of the Whitlock steering , this leaves the curved bit at the top free for me to grab when in panic. In trying to relocate the joystick for the bow thruster I have drilled a hole in one of the housing in the wrong place. Rather than bodge it I would like to replace the housing , does anyone know the source ? It is about 25cm tall and 11cm wide suitable for two dataline instruments.It shape includes moulding to clip around the tube.

Jan
325/32
Blue Moon
barry.tiernan
2017-03-06T19:19:19Z
Hi Jan

Did you have any luck with an instrument pod??

I need to replace mine

Barry

Jan
  • Jan
2017-03-07T12:10:05Z
Hello Barry
No luck at all I am afraid.
I rescued the pod I have by gluing a piece of PVC inside the pod after cleaning up the extra holes.
I believe it may be possible to get a wide pod sufficient for instruments and a gps that still leaves a grab loop above it.
Did I owe you a picture of the Sat Nav bracket ?

Jan

325/32
Blue Moon
johniow
2018-04-02T16:08:48Z
I'm looking to replace my existing navpod to accommodate a chart plotter. I'll have a canvas cover made to cover the navpod down to the binnacle - out of sight away from prying eyes. It looks like being a choice between Scanstrut and Navpod.

The manufacturers all provide pods with cut-outs for standard chart plotters and instruments, but I need to know the dimensions of the custom equipment of a Parker.
Can anyone tell me the cut-out sizes for the keel position indicator, and for the two buttons controlling the hydraulics. It would be good to know in advance before I dismantle the navpod and I place the order for the navpod.

Also the best way to dismantle the navpod - where can I hit it to ease it off the pedestal rails if needed?
Nosey - Parker 325-26
Jan
  • Jan
2018-04-04T17:29:19Z
Hi John
The keel position indicator is flush mounted , its really just a project box requiring two holes for screws to secure it to the pod and another hole for the wiring . I have renewed two of these and both had different hole spacing requirements. So you will have to get behind the existing panel to remove the indicator carefully to find the spaciing. However if you damage the back part of the indicator it is possible to replace it, just contact me and I will dig out the details of the project box which it is.

Jan
325/32
Blue Moon
johniow
2018-04-29T18:00:26Z
Thanks very much Jan - I'll let you know how I get on. Have you had to take the nav pos itself off the binnacle rails? PS - sorry for delay - my settings to notify for replies didn't alarm! John
Nosey - Parker 325-26
Jan
  • Jan
2018-05-01T02:30:41Z
Hi John
I have two small pods, one each side each houses two standard single instrument displays. I have had them off on occasions, wiring runs down the starboard side tube as port side is not a compete tube as the engine control gets in the way. My GPS is mounted on a bracket below the starboard pod. I have considered fitting a taller canted "Guardrail" then a wider instrument pod to bridge both rails, Lewmar offer one. Then could tidy up with all instruments and GPS in the one pod.

Jan
325/32
Blue Moon