Josh OG
2016-02-08T19:25:27Z
Hello everyone

As you may have seen from my previous post I am currently in the process of restoring Whisperer, the Passage maker 30.

So far I have found that she won the AZAB Class 1 in 1979 with GD Tatton at the helm and the class 5 in 1983 with Mr. Tatton and John Baker sailing her.

I have found another post on here regarding forum member colincoady, although I am unclear as to whether he owned a superseal 26 called Whisper or Whisperer herself??

Another forum member Jon Foreman recalls sailing Whisperer at Howth YC in the 1990s.

Please, if anyone has any photographs, information, knows anyone who knows Whisperer or any history. It will be greatfully received.

Many thanks

Josh
Chris Turner
2016-02-10T08:41:57Z
Hi Josh
I was moored at Pont Pill(Fowey)on 25 July 1995 and was in need of fuel for my SuperSeal 'Elsa'(then outboard powered). I blew up the dinghy and was making my way across the harbour to the town when I spotted an unusual boat, anchored in the roads, that looked a bit 'seal like'. I rowed around it and a head popped out .... It was John Baker and the boat name 'Whisperer'. I quote my log book .... "On the way I passed 'Whisperer' Passage Maker 30. Talked to the owner who was theJohn Baker! The original Parker 31. Now with fixed keel."
I'm not sure whether I assumed that he was the owner or whether he told me so.
Just a curiosity!
Chris Turner 'Elsa' SS 103 (Parker built)
Chris Turner
2016-02-10T09:35:19Z
Further to the above ..... I don't normally keep old members' handbooks but I have a few. John Baker is the registered owner of Whisperer in 2004 and until 2007. I think he died then as his wife Pat is the registered owner in 2008. That's all I have .. but Association Archives should show previous ownership details.
I have to admit I assumed he was the sole owner. From what you say ... obviously not.
Chris.
Josh OG
2016-02-10T18:55:12Z
Hi Chris,

Thank you for the information, Whisperers history is beginning to come together! Do you know if Mrs. Baker is still around?. I have tried several contact numbers and have an address in Lincolnshire for their son, whom I will write to.

As for ownership after 2007, I believe the guy whom I got Whisperer from bought it that year from Preston Marina?

Regards Josh