Graham Ebb
2014-03-27T15:32:14Z
Ryde Harbour Rally Saturday 17th May 2014

A drying harbour so we sit along side the pontoons with shore access, then pontoons and boats all sit down on the mud together when the tide goes out. Access is 2.5 hrs before and 2 hrs after high water. Aim for about 200 metres south of Ryde Pier Head and you should see the channel markers leading you in.

HW Times BST
Friday 16th 13.14 hrs
Saturday 17th 14.00 hrs
Sunday 18th 14.50 hrs

Bring your own BBQ on the beech on Friday evening, weather permitting.
Hit the shops or beech on Saturday. Drinks and nibbles on the pontoon at about 17.00 hrs on Saturday, then out for a meal Saturday evening. Venue to be determined.

We will be holding the Sand Castle competition on Saturday afternoon, weather permitting.

Ryde has bus and train terminals adjacent the harbour, so you can reach most places on the island, should you wish to explore further.

Please let me know at least one week in advance if you are coming, so that I can arrange numbers for meal.

Tel: 01302 783544
Mob: 07885 488639

Graham Ebb
2014-05-10T14:36:32Z
Hi all, weather forecast is starting to show signs of improving for the weekend of the rally, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

We are also thinking of having a BBQ breakfast on the harbour wall on Sunday morning, weather permitting, so bring your bacon and eggs!

So far we have only four boats coming, so I have not booked anywhere for the meal on Saturday night. We will have plenty of places to choose from for that number.

Boats booked:-

Vol-au-vent
Sophia
Penlu
Betty Blue.

Please let me know if you are intending to join us.

Chris & Graham
Betty Blue
Graham Ebb
2014-05-12T13:49:03Z
Hi all,

Further update.

Boats attending:-

Vol-au-vent
Sophia
Penlu
Betty Blue
Tara
Rascal
Niquaydi

Total of 15 people so far, so we are now booked in at the Simeon Arms pub about 5 minutes walk away. It is more of a local pub with good ale and good food.

Please email me through the web site if you are coming to join us.

Regards

Graham
Graham Ebb
2014-05-14T11:05:09Z
Hi All,

Another update.

Not happy with offer from Simeon Arms, so have changed venue for meal to JD Wetherspoon in Union Street.

Boats attending:-

Vol-au-vent
Sophia
Penlu
Betty Blue
Tara
Rascal
Niquaydi
Zepher
Ostara (Maybe)
Gemini (Friday only)

See you all soon,