Ken Surplice
2013-03-17T09:36:48Z
SOLENT AREA EARLY SEASON DINNER (previously pre-launch lunch)

Come by car

Folks, you are invited to join fellow Seals at an early season dinner in Lymington on Saturday 30th March. This dinner, exceptionally for this year, replaces the traditional pre-launch lunch. The reason behind this is that the AGM was later than usual while our chosen restaurant was being remodelled. Therefore we have hijacked the Saturday of the Easter cruise to replace the pre-launch lunch and we have labelled it an early season dinner as some of you have already launched for the season.

On the Saturday, David Bamber is leading the fleet to Lymington so this will be the venue for our dinner. Registrations for the water-based part of the rally are coming in, but not quick enough for me to have a good estimate of the number of places we'll need at dinner.

To book your place at dinner, please either reply here or write to me at ken.surplice@btinternet.com, indicating:

• name of party (yacht name)
  • number in party
  • contact name and phone number
  • special dietary requirements if any

Dining choices range from the Lymington Town Sailing Club to a traditional restaurant we have enjoyed in the past. We'll commence dinner at 7pm.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or give me a call.

Thanks for your interest!

Ken Surplice

Ken
Tim Reeder
2013-03-17T11:44:26Z
Ken

Well done for carrying on organising! We (Margaret & I) will be there possibly with Speedwell depending on the weather.

Looking forward to seeing new and not so new members at our first Solent event of the year.

All the best

Tim

GeoffTurner
2013-03-18T17:47:39Z
Booking form now available here 

Geoff

Parker 21 / 18 Dawn

Ken Surplice
2013-03-22T19:58:17Z
Folks, despite the not so encouraging weather, enough members have come forward now to enable me to book 25-30 seats for dinner. I will update you on arrangements shortly. Cheers-Ken
Ken
Ken Surplice
2013-03-24T15:34:50Z
DINNER ARRANGEMENTS - EASTER SATURDAY EARLY SEASON RENDEZVOUS - LYMINGTON

We are booked in to Prezzo, 55 High Street, Lymington, SO41 9AH.

We've eaten here before and very much enjoyed it. During a visit yesterday I saw that the restaurant has been refurbished and is looking even more attractive. Menus are interesting and affordable.

SPACE IS AVAILABLE If you want to come and did not inform me yet, please contact me so I can reserve more seats. The more the merrier.

TIMING Arrive at 6.30pm for immediate seating.

LOCATION See the map at http://www.lymington.org/lymingtontown.html 

The restaurant is on the south side of Lymington High Street at the top of the rise. It is close to the "H" of "High Street" on the map.

BY BOAT For those berthing at Dan Bran pontoon, walk to the town quay then head up the hill and continue along the high street on the left side. The restaurant is on the left side after the brow of the hill. If the weather is bad, I will have a car and can transport you.

BY RAIL/FERRY Lymington Town railway station is a ten minute walk away. I will 'ferry' you by car if this helps.

BY CAR Easiest parking is the pay and display car park north of the high street. Entering Lymington on Marsh Lane, at the mini roundabout turn right into East Hill. Turn left into New Street and park in the pay and display car park further along on the right. Payment is by coins only, 80p/hour, no change given. Enter the high street via Rashly Mews, (passage by centre of car park, with modern appartments above) cross to the other side then turn right. The restaurant will be ahead of you.

CREWS I am expecting the following: Macoma*2; Speedwell*2; Vol-au-vent*4; Sea Lady*1; Lucky Devil*2; Kerenza*2; Heart of Glass*4; Zephyr*1; Sophia*3; Lesa*1; Ruby Star*2. Do let me know if I accidentally missed you out.

See you on Saturday!

Ken

Ken
Ken Surplice
2013-03-24T18:12:20Z
Updated crew list

Macoma*2; Speedwell*2; Vol-au-vent*4; Sea Lady*1; Lucky Devil*2; Kerenza*2; Heart of Glass*4; Zephyr*1; Sophia*3; Lesa*1; Ruby Star*2; Tara*2.

Ken
Ken Surplice
2013-03-25T22:52:35Z
Updated crew list

Macoma*2; Speedwell*2; Vol-au-vent*4; Sea Lady*2; Lucky Devil*2; Kerenza*2; Heart of Glass*4; Zephyr*1; Sophia*3; Lesa*1; Ruby Star*2; Tara*2.

Ken
Mike Lockwood
2013-03-27T18:59:46Z
Ken,

With apologies for wimpishness, it's too cold for sailing with pleasure and too far to justify driving back after a dinner, so please excuse Lucky Devil's two from attending.

Happy Easter!

Mike Lockwood

Lucky Devil

Parker 325/35

Mike Lockwood

Lucky Devil

Parker 325/35

Ken Surplice
2013-03-27T20:47:22Z
Mike - no problem. Thanks for the alert.

Updated crew list

Macoma*2; Speedwell*2; Vol-au-vent*4; Sea Lady*2; Kerenza*2; Heart of Glass*4; Zephyr*1; Sophia*3; Lesa*1; Ruby Star*2; Tara*2

Ken
Ken Surplice
2013-03-29T20:21:47Z
Updated crew list

Macoma*2; Speedwell*2; Vol-au-vent*3; Sea Lady*2; Kerenza*2; Heart of Glass*4; Zephyr*1; Sophia*3; Lesa*1; Ruby Star*2; Tara*2; ex-Ariel*1

Tentative: Ostara*2

Total expected: 25-27

A newsletter stuffing party will be held in the pub at the top left of the cobbled street from Quay to High Street. Arrive at 5.15 if you want to join in [:)]

Ken
Ken Surplice
2013-03-30T15:10:37Z
Updated crew list

Macoma*2; Speedwell*2; Vol-au-vent*4; Sea Lady*2; Kerenza*2; Heart of Glass*4; Zephyr*1; Sophia*3; Lesa*1; Ruby Star*2; Tara*2; ex-Ariel*1; Niquaydi*2

Total expected: 28

A newsletter stuffing party will be held in the pub at the top left of the cobbled street from Quay to High Street. Arrive at 5.15 if you want to join in.

Ken Surplice

Ken