Ken Surplice
2011-06-14T23:26:34Z
Hi Folks,

Thank you to all that registered to stay in contact about this rally. For Weymouth week, the forecast easing of winds did not arrive until midweek. For East Head, let's hope its the other way around and the forecast strong winds do not arrive, striking a balance. [:)]

Please check here as we approach the weekend. Right now, the weekend weather is not promising.

Cheers-Ken

Ken Surplice

Commodore

Ken
GeoffTurner
2011-06-15T14:48:00Z
Not looking good!

There's a video forecast by Simon Keeling here 

Geoff

Parker 21 / 18 Dawn

Ken Surplice
2011-06-16T16:36:02Z
CANCELLED.

Hello Seals. The forecast is consistent and looking bad. I was considering diverting somewhere else but it does not look like a sailing weekend. Reluctantly I am cancelling the rally. Commiserations, Ken

Ken Surplice

Commodore

Ken
Ken Surplice
2011-06-16T16:37:44Z
CANCELLED.

Hello Seals. The forecast is consistent and looking bad. I was considering diverting somewhere else but it does not look like a sailing weekend. Reluctantly I am cancelling the rally. Commiserations, Ken

Ken Surplice

Commodore

Ken
Ken Surplice
2011-06-16T22:26:32Z
A slightly longer cancellation notice - from the comfort of my PC. The above was tapped in by phone in Warsaw airport!!

Hello Seals,

As feared, the weather outlook for Saturday is very uninviting. It is not suitable for drying out at East Head and frankly does not look appealing for sailing anywhere. I had considered diverting to a different port but I called for a second opinion and the two of us agreed that this was not a good option. Therefore the rally is cancelled. This is a double disappointment for me as I had hoped to change my keel eye bolts while parked on the sand!

I’m only just back at home (and on email) after work travel abroad and hope this email reaches you in time. It is a bit late to phone around tonight but I will call on Friday to confirm you received this notification. If you can reply to say ‘received' I will leave you in peace #61514;.

Thanks for expressing your interests and a special thank you to those who agree that it is going to be a weekend to tie up. I am passing a link I received form a couple of you, thanks folks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/weatherschool

Until the next rally,

Cheers!

Ken

Ken Surplice

Commodore

Ken