masharry
2010-11-28T15:39:39Z
I'm wondering how much water people carry and where?

We are planning to add more capacity as only have two x 25 ltrs under foc'sle beths at the moment.

Any suggestions most welcome.

masharry
masharry
Mike Edwards
2010-12-01T07:41:49Z
I used to have a 70L flexible water tank under the floor in the starbd cockpit locker. But after replacing this twice I decided they were not a long term reliable tank.
I replaced it with a Plastimo rigid 32L tank made of polypropylene.
Not a lot of water I know but I only use it for washing hands and face in the galley and heads.
I also have 2 x 5L portable water cans one of which slots in under the galley sink and is used with a foot pump, the other is a spare to carry to the tap to refill. I use these for my drinking water.
Basically it means I have to fill up every 2 days when cruising, not too much trouble, and at least the water is relatively fresh.

Mike Edwards
Seal 28 "Aztec"
Mike Edwards
Seal 28 "Aztec"
Neil Sinclair
2010-12-03T18:02:02Z
I have a 25 litre jerrycan in the bow locker and another one in the starboard cockpit locker. These constitute the drinking water supply on Andiamo. Water from the flexible water tanks fitted in the forward cabin is used for washing up etc. This arrangement has evolved because the 'water tank' water was found to be 'tainted' when we first bought our Seal 28. I have susequently cleaned out the tanks and surreptitiously 'tested' the water by making tea with it without any adverse comment, but these domestic practices are hard to change!

Neil

Neil Sinclair
Seal 28/27
'Andiamo of Exe'
Neil Sinclair
Seal 28/27
'Andiamo of Exe'