tom fitzgerald
2010-01-09T02:10:38Z
Hi,

Has Anyone Replaced The Water tank On A P-27.Mine Started To Leak End Of Last Season.It Is A Crewsaver 80Litre.Having Looked At Some Chandlers Web Sites Can Not Find Crewsaver Water Tanks.Can Somebody Recommend a Alternative,Would Like To Fit 100 to 120 Litre If Possible.

Regards,Tom Fitzgerald.P-27 Grey Seal.No 143.

chris nichols
2010-01-09T15:26:31Z
Hello Tom,

I had 2 Plastimo flexible tanks fitted under the quarter berth - a rectangular 100 lt and triangular 120 lt?. I found them too large so now have just the triangular one under the berth next to the engine.

A friend with a P27 had a tec-tank (solid sides)made to fit the same place so they must have the pattern?

Biggest problem was tainted water - which came from the water pipes supporting algae growth where they were in even low light levels. Found some flexible pipe made for potable water devices (coffee machines etc) which has white outer and a black inner so is not supposed to allow the algae growth. Won't know if it works until next season though.

hope this helps

cheers, ChrisN

tom fitzgerald
2010-01-09T21:06:10Z
Hi Chris

Thanks For Info,Had A Look At Plastimo Tanks,The 120Ltr Would Be Great,Did It Fit O.K.In The Space Next To Engine?Length Of Compartment Is Roughly 88cm.Will Cover Fit Down O.K.With Tank Full.I Will Probably Need To Change Pipe Work As Connections Are Smaller On Plastimo Tanks.

Tom.

chris nichols
2010-01-10T12:35:00Z
Hi Tom,

The 120 lt triangular one fits ok with the pointy end towards the stern. I have a table top (same size as original parker chart table but with caravan type floor mount on it) over the tank on a pair of wood supports. When the tank is full to brimming, it just raises the berth board slightly - which goes down as soon as the first washing up is done. Without the table top over the tank, there should be plenty of room.

I checked the hose supplier - www.desihose.com  and product is Bala 9760 flexible hose.

cheers

ChrisN