GeoffTurner
2009-07-29T08:13:26Z
Full details here 

Message from Jonathan Houston:

I am delighted to say that we have one of the best entries that I can remember for our RIOW Race with 16 boats taking part - 6 in class 1 and 9 in class 2 so it should be a great day.

As shown on the entry forms we plan to celebrate completion of the race in the usual way at Ganders and I have agreed a limited choice menu for simplicity as we are taking the restaurant over. For those of you to whom I have already sent the menu please could you let me have your choices back asap if you have not already done so and for the rest please could you choose from the attached menu and let me know what you would like.

I have had to pay a £10/head deposit so please would you let me have a tenner on the night and settle the remainder of your bill direct. It would help the restaurant if this could be done 'per boat' rather than individually if possible.

Again, for those of you who requested entry forms early, there is a change to the mooring arrangements at Bembridge in that the marina do not accept bookings in advance at the height of the season - it is first come first served. You are very welcome to try the marina if you wish otherwise we plan to occupy our usual anchorage on the beach just to the left of the entrance.

Everyone who has requested it is booked in at Shepherds Wharf in Cowes on the Friday night - they have a note of skippers and boats and please settle mooring fees directly with them. I plan to go to the Dukes of York for supper in the evening and hope to see you there.

Any questions please let me know.
Jon Foreman
2009-08-25T13:39:34Z
I have just returned from a short holiday which explains the delay in this post also not sure if it really belongs here but I would just like to thank the organisers of this event, those on the committee boat and other members who made us feel welcome on our first Parker and Seal event, despite us being the odd ones out with a fixed keel super seal.

Jon Foreman
Calypso
Jon Foreman
Calypso SS26, no.96
peter lowry
2009-08-26T13:16:52Z
peter lowry
2009-08-26T13:21:31Z
Hi John
Nice to meet you and your family too,
look forward to seeing you perhaps at Beaulieu and Christchurch this weekend
There is a Pad opposite trimbells quay where you could dry out and lean against or alternatively use Bucklers hard marina ( a litle pricy but )
Christchurch should not bee too big a problem but for your fixed keel -nearer high water for you !

see you out soon

Peter Lowry
"CLEO" ss26
Jon Foreman
2009-08-27T09:26:25Z
Peter,

My wife and I would love to come to the rally but unfortunately our children have other plans for us this weekend so we will not be allowed out to play, sorry.

Jon Foreman
Calypso
Jon Foreman
Calypso SS26, no.96
peter lowry
2009-09-23T15:55:05Z
Hi All

Can you please let me know if you are planning to attend this rally so i can book space at Shepherd's Wharf marina at Cowes
i Have not booked anywhere for dinner yet until i see how many boats are attending but guess we will eat in the duke of York Pub.

thank you
Peter Lowry