Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
BillPeach  
#1 Posted : 19 August 2020 10:03:34(UTC)

I have just been doing some maintenance on my parker 325 steering gear.

Having removed the rudder stock which is connected to the quadrant with a rod and universal joint, I noticed the UV joint was cracked in such a way that it would cause a critical problem if it failed as I do not currently have an emergency steering option set up

Basically I would like to replace the UV

Does anyone know of a supplier for these universal joints

Boat is due back in the water soon but I cannot do that easily as I cannot get back to my mooring, and would rather fix it out of the water where access is easier

Edited by user 19 August 2020 10:04:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bill Peach

'Kalandia' Parker 325

Moored: Beaulieu River

MartinH  
#2 Posted : 16 September 2020 18:28:37(UTC)

If you have the same set up as the 335, the thing that connects the steering push-rod to the rudder stock is called a rose joint.

If you search for stainless rose joints you will find many suppliers and even more sizes of rose joint.

Good luck

BillPeach  
#3 Posted : 16 September 2020 22:56:27(UTC)

Thanks for the feedback MartinH

I have tracked down some sites selling Rose joints, and even ordered some mistakenly thinking they would be Metric threaded and left handed threads. Unfortunately they were neither.

I am still trying to find out what thread it is, possibly UNF left handed. So waiting for a convenient moment to remove it and send of to supplier and say 'find me one of these'

Once I find out what the correct size is I shall do another post with pictures for more useful feedback for others

Bill Peach

'Kalandia' Parker 325

Moored: Beaulieu River