roblpm
  • roblpm
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2014-02-01T09:12:27Z
Has anyone got a new gen anchor on their Parker 275??

I have measured up and the depth of the anchor locker seems to be a problem!

Looks like a 15lb Manson Supreme may just fit though its marginal!!
Rob
Parker 275 Number 7 Nimrod
Port Edgar Marina
roblpm
  • roblpm
2014-02-03T23:17:56Z
OK no takers!

Actually I think the Manson and Rocna wont fit because of the roll bars.

So I have bit the bullet and ordered an S60 Spade. I made the model out of cardboard and it seems to fit!!

It is 10kg and recommended for normal anchoring. As I don't plan to be anchoring in a force 10 in Greenland (in this boat!) it should be fine!

EXPENSIVE! But I am always a sucker for expensive things, hence the Parker over a cheaper 23 year old boat!! Happy so far though even though its not even in the water yet!!

A cheaper option might have been the Delta but I am not sure the 10kg would fit in the locker and the 6kg though recommended seems a bit light!!
Rob
Port Edgar Marina
Jake
2014-02-20T17:37:28Z
Hi Rob
I have a Parker 275 with the standard CQR anchor which has come to the end of its life, so I'm interested to know if the S60 Spade does fit in the anchor locker when it arrives and how it sits on the bow roller, or are you changing the bow roller to suit?
Jake
Jake Lyne
roblpm
  • roblpm
2014-02-23T20:37:42Z
Pic as promised

S60spade
Rob
Port Edgar Marina
roblpm
  • roblpm
2014-02-23T20:40:03Z
So the pic in the price post shows the spade S60 in the anchor locker on my Parker 275.

Fits ok, should be plenty of space for the chain and rope. My mate said "that looks small!". I hope its big enough but the S80 wont fit, I tried the model.
Rob
Port Edgar Marina
roblpm
  • roblpm
2014-02-23T20:41:20Z
Forgot to say bow roller is unsolved. Sits fine but the shank is too wide to put the pin in.
Rob
Port Edgar Marina
Jake
2014-03-03T12:58:47Z
Hi Rob
I've just spoken to the supplier and he has some ideas for fitting the anchor to the existing bow roller. He said its possible to use a suitable shackle or something to go through the pin holes on the bow roller taking this over the top of the S60 shaft, and then secure the anchor in position by connecting the first link of the chain to the boat e.g. to a cleat or to a ring specially fitted.
Sounds like it might work!
Jake

Jake Lyne
roblpm
  • roblpm
2014-03-03T15:50:05Z
Jake

Another spotty photo of my anchor, now in the locker with 30m 6mm chain and 30mm 10mm nylon rope. Fits fine. All a bit lightweight for the Arctic but hopefully ok for what I want it for!

Spade S60 

As to your idea for the bow roller, does he mean that one part of the shackle would sit under the anchor? ie the shackle would go all the way round the anchor? or do you think he means just find something that will effectively clip over the anchor?! I will rely on your research!!
Rob
Port Edgar Marina
Jake
2014-03-09T13:35:59Z
Hi Rob, he just meant it would go over the anchor, but it was a brief phone call. I'm sure he would give a more detailed description over the phone on 01534 739594
Jake
Jake Lyne
jalbery
2020-07-07T21:42:16Z
So...for ages I've lusted after a Rocna to replace my CQR copy but wasn't sure if it would fit the anchor locker...anyway the chain was rusting so I've used that as an excuse to replace everything, including anchor. Turns out that a Rocna 10kg will fit (bl**dy tight fit). If anyone's googling this for comparison...I've gone for 25m of 8mm chain spliced to 25m of 14mm anchorplait
IMG_20200704_142515.jpg

Click to View Image36 View(s)

Morning's Minion, Parker 275, No. 1
Sandwort
2020-07-27T17:08:45Z
Sorry to be slow in responding to this post. We bought a Rocna 10kg anchor 3 years ago after a talk and demonstration at our club. It took a lot of measuring and eventually making a cardboard replica to persuade ourselves it would fit! We added 40m of 12mm anchorplait line with 10m of 7mm chain.
To stow this, we turn the anchor through 90 degrees and place the shaft under the forward end of the locker. It sits well, but only in the correct place. I made a wooden floor for the locker (in two parts to be able to insert it) with supports for the blade and a turnbuckle to hold it in place. A small line secures it as an extra. I hope the pictures show this.
The anchor has been fantastic, biting first time quickly and has never dragged, so far. Confidence in anchoring soared as a result. It has been fairly easy to lift, although our east coast mud is a pain to clean once it is back aboard. I do wonder about adapting the bow roller to be able to leave it out, which might make cleaning a bit easier.
We did fit a stainless plate to the bow to avoid damage during launch and recovery, but it shows no sign of being bashed too often.
Hope this helps.
2.jpg

Click to View Image27 View(s)

4.jpg

Click to View Image25 View(s)

5.jpg

Click to View Image22 View(s)

Ken Surplice
2020-07-27T23:45:15Z
My Mantus fits in the 275 locker. If the shank faces forwards and sits outside the locker alongside the bow cleat then the lid will close over the roll bar. It’s a tight fit so needs to be carefully aligned. The bow roller does not work well. I fitted a Mantus snubber to prevent the anchor bashing the hull when it hangs over the bow. That does indeed prevent damage but when raising chain it cuts into the rubber cheeks. All-in-all, my Mantus sticks where my Delta refused to bite.
Ken
Ken Surplice
2020-07-27T23:45:16Z
My Mantus fits in the 275 locker. If the shank faces forwards and sits outside the locker alongside the bow cleat then the lid will close over the roll bar. It’s a tight fit so needs to be carefully aligned. The bow roller does not work well. I fitted a Mantus snubber to prevent the anchor bashing the hull when it hangs over the bow. That does indeed prevent damage but when raising chain it cuts into the rubber cheeks. All-in-all, my Mantus sticks where my Delta refused to bite.
Ken