kate.hattersley
2019-05-08T08:14:18Z
Has anybody found a source of boat tape for the stripes on the hull or deck since Parkers closed? I need to do the ones between the windows on the deck

Kate
jalbery
2019-05-08T08:54:09Z
I haven't ordered from them myself but I understand that Hutsons were the original suppliers and continue to supply the stickers

https://www.hutsons.ltd....re/parker-stripes-logos/ 

James
Morning's Minion, Parker 275, No. 1
vsb
2019-05-08T09:59:40Z
IMG_5471.JPG

Click to View Image80 View(s)

Doug Hutson was extremely helpful this spring in supplying a full set of stripes and decals for my Parker 31. From memory the cost was about £110 delivered including the name on the stern. The old ones will have faded terribly so to do a decent job expect to do at least one whole side. You may also discover the gelcoat is white under the old decals whereas the rest of the boat may be faded to a cream colour as mine had - and you will then end up cutting back and polishing it. The boat will then look dramatically better but your shoulders will hurt - ask me how I know this...

Vernon
kate.hattersley
2019-11-12T21:07:06Z
Vernon did you also replace the cabin stripes? I can't see them on the Hutson's site but these are the ones I need.
Kate
2019-11-21T17:40:12Z
Hutsons as advised by James supplied the 275 on berth next to me with blue ones that make the boat look brand new!
Clifford. Parker 275 Abacus
Paul Gray
2019-11-22T10:34:11Z
Kate, following on from Clifford's post, we did replace all the vinyls on Indianna in May 2017 just after buying her. Hutsons made the new vinyls from the original artwork and we were able to buy twin-stripes for the topsides and triple-stripes for the cabin sides. We were also able to purchase all the logos such as '275s', 'LiftKeel', and 'Parker'.

We had no previous experience of replacing vinyls but found a wealth of good advice on various u-tube clips. Difficult areas were removing all the original vinyls without damaging the gelcoat and getting the new stripes straight when applying. For the former, we used a hot-air blower (hair-dryer might be hot enough) and a plastic scraper. Part-way through the job we bought a bottle of 'sticky-stuff remover' for £4 from our local hardware shop and it did a great job of softening the old adhesive for subsequent scraping. Another tool we came across that was very useful - but must be used with extreme care not to overheat the gelcoat - was called a 'whizzy wheel' used with an electric drill and supplied by www.decalstickerremover.com .

Although the gelcoat under the decals will be a different shade from the remainder of the surrounding area, due to sun bleaching, it shouldn't be a problem as long as the replacement vinyls go back in the same location.

Although nerve-wracking applying the new stripes in trying to make sure they would be as straight as possible, by far the hardest job was removing all the old material without damaging the gelcoat. Section's of stripes had obviously been replaced at times in the past and these were very easy to remove with gentle heat applied to soften the adhesive but most of the remainder was obviously original and very tedious to remove.

If you'd like to discuss further please don't hesitate to phone - details in the yearbook.

Paul Gray (Indianna)
vsb
2019-11-22T22:33:16Z
Hi Kate
Yes, I replaced the cabin side stripes as well. Doug Hutson said they should be double stripes but mine were triple. I sent them the widths and they made them up for me. I had to trim them around the windows and for the diagonal taper but this was straightforward.