johniow
  • johniow
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2017-08-29T12:46:52Z
Has anyone an idea of the amount of mast rake for a 325/335? And at what stage of shroud tension adjustment to set this? I assume that the backstay should be slack when setting this.
The final shroud tensions will be set using the (adjusted for wire diameter and wire configuration - dyform) figures given by Mike Lockwood in the 325/335 forum.
Mike said " Cap shrouds 41 Intermediates 23 Lowers 31 ... the figures I quoted are for the raw measurements, without correction for the wire diameter, so not the true tensions. ... " and Mike used a "Super Spars (International Sailing Products) and looks very similar to the Loos Type B. "

However, that link is no longer available. The below looks similar but isn't suitable for the 5 and 7mm P325 rig.
http://www.pinbax.com/in...ension%20Gauge%20SUPRTGS 

As a matter of interest/double checking I'll convert the Loos figures back to tension as measured by the % extension of the rig.
Nosey - Parker 325-26
MartinH
2017-09-10T20:50:38Z
Typically a fractional rig will have 1-2degrees of aft rake. In my experience the 31/325/335 boats are a bit prone to lee helm so I would probably err on the generous side. Rake is usually set with the mast centred athwartships and the rigging screws on the stays hand tight.
Selden have a detailed guide to rig setting up which you can download.
chrisneale
2019-04-20T11:52:23Z
John,

Did you convert the 'Mike Lockwood' figures to % extension of the 5mm and 7mm shrouds? I have to slacken everything off to disconnect the forestay to replace my broken Z Spars furling drum. I will have a Loos 5mm - 7mm Rig Tension Gauge when I get to do the job, hopefully straight after Easter. The Selden information is very helpful but leaves me unsure about final tension in the lower and intermediate shrouds.

Harnser 3 P335 - 48