Aletta
2018-02-04T21:35:33Z
Hi there,
Im restoring my Parker 31 Aletta. Having removed the windows to replace with original houdini windows I need to make some gel coat repairs. Does anyone know the correct (white) Gel coat colour?

options I can see available are:
RAL 9016 Traffic White
RAL 9010 Pure White

I know you can mix the colour to match but would prefer to buy the correct colour if possible.
Does anyone know what colour Parker used?

Thanks

Simon

Marvin Kowalewski
2018-02-10T18:59:28Z
Hey Simon.....

I have a Parker 27....built in 1989. I have sprayed gel coat in the cockpit area because there were some cracks in the fiberglass.
This was a very easy job to do and you can get small spray guns even a small air brush powered by compressed air to do it.

As for exact color...well after 20 + years..I simply took the cockpit hatch off and carried it to our local boat fiberglass company..they "read" the color and create a perfect match. ..Get it in a quart size they will keep your formula on file so you can always get more.

Good Luck,

Marv Kowalewski
The Happy Seal #138
Marvin Kowalewski, Ph.D
Aletta
2018-02-16T21:17:00Z
Thank you -that is a good suggestion -Ill take the anchor locker lid off and get that colour matched.

BW
Simon
Noel
2021-06-07T13:46:21Z
Hello, Does anybody know of a company on the south coast that has the equipment to provide the type of gelcoat colour matching service that is mentioned above?
Best Wishes, Noel.
Sunshine
2024-02-18T17:48:50Z
D
I am repairing some hairline cracks on the gunwale above transom on P275 -does anyone know the colour (RAL number) used by Parker's ? I know been asked before, but hopefully someone might have done same job and know the answer now? or have any tips ?
thanks
Graham
Sunbird