Ken Surplice
2012-09-10T20:15:51Z
Hi Seals,

It's time for another late season rally and this time we're off to Ryde. You can enter and exit two to two and a half hours either side of high water. We're on Springs this weekend. High water times:
Friday 1045, 2255
Saturday 1124, 2345
Sunday 1203

If we are lucky with the weather, we will enjoy drinks on the pontoon, a boules competition, a sandcastle competition and a Saturday night dinner together. We will also go for a BBQ breakfast on the harbour wall on Sunday morning. Bring your stuff!

The dinner location will be chosen according to the number of folks that register their interest. Amongst the possibilities is the Wetherspoons pub that served us well on our last visit and all at bargain prices.

We do want to reserve some pontoon space so please let me know as soon as possible if you plan to come. I just would appreciate an idea of how many boats and how many people will eat out on Saturday, thank you.

You can reply here with your intentions. If we are lucky, our webmaster might create a sign up form on the rallies page. Or just give me a call. The number is in our members handbook.

Looking forward to your good company and good weather,
Ken

Ken Surplice
Commodore
Ken
Ken Surplice
2012-09-13T20:26:28Z
Hi Folks. Here's an update on the rally.

1) Chris from Elsa has kindly pointed out that is very springy this weekend. On the Monday following the Ryde Rally the ISC/RSrnYC Brambles Bank Cricket Match will be played, weather permitting. Those members with a bit of time on their hands may want to make a detour on their homeward journey.
2) The Classic Car Rally visits Ryde while we'll be in port, so yuou have another reason to come along.
3) The following yachts are planning to attend Ryde. The weather outlook looks good so maybe a few latecomers will join.
-Stroller
-Kekeno
-Speedwell
-Penlu
-Vol-au-vent

Crew Sophia may attend by ferry and, hospitality permitting, spread themselves amongst the fleet.

The Harbour Master is expecting us and invites us to arrive early to bag a few places. I will do so. I look forward to welcoming rallyers [8D].

Ken Surplice
Commodore
Ken
Ken Surplice
2012-09-14T18:34:18Z
Now up to six yachts
-Stroller
-Kekeno
-Speedwell
-Penlu
-Vol-au-vent
-Rascal
Ken
Ken Surplice
2012-09-16T22:29:18Z
And finally:
- 9 boats
- rally rate berthing
- dinner for 16
- fab weather Saturday and still dry on Sunday
- boules and sandcastle competitions
- breakfast barbecue Sunday
- classic car rally Sunday, with a huge number of fab cars, right by the harbour
- first time in Ryde for Many Moons
- new records: arriving under sail in the harbour; departing three hours before high water

Thanks to all who came and to Philip/Rascal for running the boules competition.

Ken Surplice
Commodore
Ken