PSSA Flag
The Parker and Seal Sailing Association

Skip Navigation Links
You are here: Skip Navigation LinksHome > Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ken Surplice  
#1 Posted : 20 July 2013 13:11:55(UTC)

Folks,

It's time to pump up your dinghies and enjoy a picnic or barbecue. We're heading upstream of the roadbridge across the River Hamble at Bursledon, where no yacht has gone before. The upper Hamble is delightful. The river broadens into a peaceful nature reserve. High water is between 3pm and 4pm so we'll depart from Bursledon in the early afternoon.

I suggest outboards on at 12.30pm, head upstream in our dinghy flotilla, find a welcoming part of the river bank, enjoy barbecues and picnics, and commence our return downstream between 4pm and 5pm.

You will want to bring a motor or get a tow. It's a bit far to row. Other things to remember: bring footwear that can get wet, a blanket to sit on, a mooring stake for the river bank and your swimming stuff so you can keep cool.

BERTHING
If you come by yacht, berth in either:
Deacons (by Force 4, was Aladdins Cave)023 8040 2253
Swanwick Marina (Moodys) 01489 884081
Elephant boatyard (next to Deacons) 02380 403268

I will be at Deacons. It is busy in the coming weekend but do try to join me. I am making a reservation for Shiraz. Sunflower will be in Mercury Yacht Haven, not too far away. As I will now be afloat until the rally, please make contact with the Deacons/Swanwick/Elephant to reserve your own berth.

LAUNCHING YOUR DINGHY IF YOU COME BY CAR
There is a public hard on the south of Swanwick Marina on the east side of the river.

If you have any questions, please call Sue on 01256 476331 since I will be out during the week.

Cheers and see you soon,
Ken

Ken Surplice
Ken Surplice