Located at Morgan Marine, Brightlingsea, Essex
The owners are selling Ossie due to change of circumstances, so the boat, which is in excellent condition with much major equipment replaced in the last 3 years, is sold in sail ready condition. Just add food and bedding and go sailing in the rivers and creeks of the Essex coast or tow to the sun.
Ossie is a Parker 235 trailer sailer from a designer and yard of very high pedigree, and both practical and functional in its design. With her excellent sailing abilities she can be cruised or raced and, with the lift keel, is perfectly suited to explore parts of the coastline or lakes inaccessible to fixed keel yachts, whilst being completely at home cruising coastal regions of the U.K or Europe, as it can be easily towed behind the average family sized car.
Ossie is a GRP Parker designed and built, fractionally rigged, lift keel trailer sailer built in 2003. She has a white hull and light grey topsides. With the long waterline and a keel with 290kg cast iron at the bottom, plus 50kg of ballast inside, she is a very stable boat with a rewarding performance. Her flush bottom design enables her to dry upright on a variety of sand, mud and gravel giving a wider choice of moorings or recovery on her double axle trailer.
Accommodation comprises a large double berth across the beam underneath the cockpit and two single berths either side of the saloon. Berths and saloon seating are covered in Palermo blue upholstery material. Good accommodation and separate heads give her a big boat feel below.
Two new reading LED spotlights.
Mechanical And Electrical
- New 2019: Tohatsu 2019 Model 6hp MFS6CS Long Shaft Sail Pro outboard.
- Separate 12ltr / 3.17 gall fuel tank.
- 5 ltr spare fuel tank – full
- 1 x 12 v 90Ah Varta sealed Battery.
- Outboard charges at 12v 60 watts 5 amps at full charge
- Photonic Universe Solar panel charging through Photonic Universe regulator.
- 240 v shore power connector to consumer unit supplying 2 x 13amp sockets and battery charger socket.
- Shore power extension cable.
- Portable Maypole 4 amp battery charger.
- New 2018: 12 v Electrical systems improved: Fused switch panel replaced by 2 circuit breaker switch panels and additional wiring installed both fore and aft to accommodate future new equipment.
- Z Spars deck stepped mast in tabernacle and boom
- Mast lowering kit. Can be lowered single handed but 2 people can lower mast fairly easily.
- Stainless steel standing rigging with adjustable back stay replaced 2017 NEW JULY 2017
- Terylene running rigging
- Quantum fully battened mainsail with 2 reefs
- C & J Marine "Pack a main" mainsail on boom storage and cover system with lazyjacks. A version similar to the better known tradenames such as Stackpack, Mainmate, Pack a Main, Lazy Jack etc.
- New 2017: Foresail on Plastimo headsail furler.
- Asymmetric spinnaker in Snuffer, very little used.
- Spinnaker pole which also acts as bowsprit for asymmetric.
- Foresail poling out pole.
- 2 x Antal W16 self-tailing winches.
- All sail controls lead back to the cockpit.
Electronics And Navigation
- New 2018: NASA Duet combined log and echo sounder. New control box and echo sounder transducer fitted, existing log rotator connected to control box. New log rotator available.
- Autohelm ST1000 tiller pilot.
- New 2018: Standard Horizon GX1700E DSC with GPS Wass. (Push button distress signal giving GPS position)
- Hawk masthead aerial with V-tronics wind indicator.
- Mast head tri-colour LED navigation light.
- Compass fitted starboard side cockpit bulkhead.
- Garmin hand held GPS.
- DSC radio.
- Flare box.
- Horseshoe lifebuoy.
- MOB throw line
- Powder fire extinguisher.
- Fire blanket.
- Swim / recovery ladder on stern.
- 9kg CQR plough anchor with 6 mtrs chain and 20 mtrs rope. Marked at 5 meter intervals.
- New 2018: Spray hood
- Stainless steel pushpit
- Stainless steel pulpit, stanchions and guard wires.
- Four mooring cleats
- Boat hook
- 7 fenders
- Mooring ropes
- Deck brush
- Thetford Porta Potti 462 electric toilet.
- Basin with fresh water hand pump tap.
- Two burner and grill gaz cooker.
- Sink with fresh water hand pump tap
- 3 x 10 litre water containers linked to basin and sink.
- New 2019: RM trailers with light board, winch and flushing connection (Brake shoes and cables removed and in new condition. Will be replaced when required.)
- Two spare wheels.
- Two spare docking arms.